Wunderbar - no sending information from the sensors

AdiAdi Member Posts: 10

Hello,
I uploaded the Wunderbar software as instructed on the Conrad Connect website. The Master module works well, sends info about pressing buttons and quantity. However, I do not know how to send info from other sensors (eg from a temperature sensor). I did not find any help in the manual. How to do it? Is there a source code from Wunderbar with Conrad Connect connection?

Comments

• AdiAdi Member Posts: 10

I checked all options, unfortunately the sensors do not work in conjunction with ConradConnect. The software is not completed.

• ConradConnectConradConnect Administrator Posts: 78 admin

Please do the onboarding of the sensors as described in the manual:
    https://dashboard.conradconnect.de/wunderbarv2_manual_en.pdf

After connecting the modules to Wunderbar main (Wifi)-module following the instructions, your modules will be listed on the Conrad Connect products and services page. You can add the Wunderbar widgets to your Conrad Connect dashboard and see the values there. In the project editor you can also create projects with Wunderbar sensors and actuators.

Thank you for your answer.
    Yes, I have already done so, the sensors have been assigned to the Master by instructions. I added widgets to my Conrad Connect dashboard. And what next ? How to force a temperature sensor to send readings? This is not in the instructions.

• ConradConnectConradConnect Administrator Posts: 78 admin

@Adi You need to connect CoolTerm application as described in the instructions on pages 20 to 25 of the pdf (see link above).

Yes, I have done it and it works, the sensors are paired with the master. And what next, how to send the temperature to the system?

• ChristianChristian Administrator, Moderator Posts: 2,035 admin

Hi @Adi, are you refering to the temperature sensor that is included to the Wunderbar Master Module?

Yes, I just do not know where to set the temperature sensor to send data to the master module. This is not in this document.

Hi @Adi, I'm going to have a closer look right next week. Will get back to you here.

Hi @Adi, we've set up our Wunderbar once more, all worked out well, incl. displaying the measured temperature within a Conrad Connect Dashboard widget. Once you go through the steps as detailed starting as of page 20, please do exactely as described. You also need to press the button of each sensor at one time. Please refer to page 24 where it says 'During onboarding you will also ...'.

Hi, Thank you for your help, below I am sending a log from the assignment of sensors:
    "Onboarding started, please wait...
    Server WunderbarGYRO onboarded, waiting for confirmation...
    ...server discovery confirmed by WunderbarGYRO!**
    Server WunderbarHTU onboarded, waiting for confirmation...
    ...server discovery confirmed by WunderbarHTU!
    Server WunderbarLIGHT onboarded, waiting for confirmation...
    ...server discovery confirmed by WunderbarLIGHT!
    Server WunderbarIR onboarded, waiting for confirmation...
    ...server discovery confirmed by WunderbarIR!
    Server WunderbarBRIDG onboarded, waiting for confirmation...
    ...server discovery confirmed by WunderbarBRIDG!
    Server WunderbarMIC onboarded, waiting for confirmation...
    ...server discovery confirmed by WunderbarMIC!
    All servers ready!
    ...done! NRF switched off."
    The whole process was successful.

"Sensor BUTTON_-LG1T_count_1" widget from Conrad Connect returns correct data.
    The "WunderbrarHTU_-LG1_temp_1" widget from Conrad Connect returns the following message: Bad request: data not found.
    So how does a temperature sensor not send data. What am I doing wrong?

Hi @Adi, have you been able to verify, that the temperature sensor itself is working?

When I connect to the temperature sensor with the "nRF Connect" program, the temperature module works. In the logs I do not see the place where the Master Module sends a query to the temperature sensor. So it has to be?

edited September 2018

Hi @Adi, well, that's a tricky one. Let me please find the right moment to discuss this once more with our experts.

Thanks, I'm waiting :)

Hi @Adi, when you connect the Wunderbar using Cool Term (when all the text rows appear on the screen), you can pause this process and access the data logs. They should include the HTU sensor data.

Hi, do I have to enter a command? After connecting to CoolTerm I have the following messages:

MQTT connected to mqtt.rpi-cdc.conradconnect.de:8883.
    Starting BLE
    Powering up NRF...
    ...done!Moving to run mode!
    Sending message to topic: Drtryze3GZVHacvd1o0P86A0kZl1/-LG1T0Bf5HqFV4QucKLF/actuator/WunderbarHTU
    OK
    Sending message to topic: Drtryze3GZVHacvd1o0P86A0kZl1/-LG1T0Bf5HqFV4QucKLF/actuator/WunderbarGYRO
    OK
    Sending message to topic: Drtryze3GZVHacvd1o0P86A0kZl1/-LG1T0Bf5HqFV4QucKLF/actuator/WunderbarLIGHT
    OK
    Sending message to topic: Drtryze3GZVHacvd1o0P86A0kZl1/-LG1T0Bf5HqFV4QucKLF/actuator/WunderbarMIC
    OK
    Sending message to topic: Drtryze3GZVHacvd1o0P86A0kZl1/-LG1T0Bf5HqFV4QucKLF/actuator/WunderbarIR
    OK
    Sending message to topic: Drtryze3GZVHacvd1o0P86A0kZl1/-LG1T0Bf5HqFV4QucKLF/actuator/WunderbarBRIDG
    OK
    Sending message to topic: Drtryze3GZVHacvd1o0P86A0kZl1/-LG1T0Bf5HqFV4QucKLF/actuator/BUTTON
    OK
    Sending message to topic: Drtryze3GZVHacvd1o0P86A0kZl1/-LG1T0Bf5HqFV4QucKLF/actuator/LED
    OK
    Sending message to topic: Drtryze3GZVHacvd1o0P86A0kZl1/-LG1T0Bf5HqFV4QucKLF/actuator/wbinfo
    OK
    Sending message to topic: Drtryze3GZVHacvd1o0P86A0kZl1/-LG1T0Bf5HqFV4QucKLF/sensor/LED
    OK
    Ping sent
    void MqttProtocol::dispatch() msg type: PINGRESP
    Ping OK
    Sending message to topic: Drtryze3GZVHacvd1o0P86A0kZl1/-LG1T0Bf5HqFV4QucKLF/sensor/BUTTON
    OK
    Sending message to topic: Drtryze3GZVHacvd1o0P86A0kZl1/-LG1T0Bf5HqFV4QucKLF/sensor/LED
    OK
    Ping sent
    Ping OK
    OK
    Ping sent
    Ping OK
    OK
    Ping sent
    Ping OK
    OK
    Ping sent
    Ping OK
    Sending message to topic: Drtryze3GZVHacvd1o0P86A0kZl1/-LG1T0Bf5HqFV4QucKLF/sensor/BUTTON
    OK
    OK
    OK
    OK
    Ping sent
    Ping OK
    OK
    Ping sent
    Ping OK
    OK
    Ping sent
    Ping OK

Hi @Adi, thanks for your patience. We’d suggest the following steps: 1) Please revoke access to the Wunderbar, then please re-authenticate 2) Please then reset or retart the Wunderbar by pressing the User button for more five seconds. 3) Within the Cool Term application, please rescan the port (Cool Term/Option/Serial Port/Rescan Port) 4) Please then follow all onboarding instructions 5) Now please let the logfile run through. Do you find a logfile entry that reads as follows?

… /sensor/WunderbarHTU

Hello, I did it according to this procedure. The process was successful. Unfortunately, there is no more message from the temperature sensor in the log file. The temperature sensor does not send any messages by itself. How to set it manually?
    Second question: where is the widget from the Gyro sensor with position values? I was looking at Conrad Connect and I did not find one. Best Regards.

Hi @Adi, the Gyro sensor can be selected when you add a new widget to your dashboard, please also refer the screenshot here Gyro_Widget_Wunderbar.png. I also received feedback from one of our technicians who reviewed the logfile you provided. Seems as if none of the sensors connect properly, only LED and BUTTON (located on the main module) are.