Google Home from the Netherlands cannot connect?

rikrik Member Posts: 7

Google Assistant is available in Dutch and Google Home is on sale in the Netherlands, great. However it seems that it's not able to be connected to Conrad Connect. Maybe Conrad Connect is not published in the Netherlands, can that be fixed? I can connect to other services without a problem.

Comments

• ChristianChristian Administrator, Moderator Posts: 2,035 admin

Hi @rik, we do have many users in the Netherlands and I am not aware of any limitation of such kind. May I kindly ask to contact our support team at [email protected] along with your registration email address? Thanks.

• rikrik Member Posts: 7

Thanks, will do!

Hi @rik, regarding these screenshots, is that good news? My apologies that I need to stick with English here ....

Hi Christian, it's actually not good news. The Google Home (with Dutch Google Assistant) does not recognize Conrad Connect while it does work with other external services.

Hi @rik, may I then kindly ask you to inform the technical support team along with your login email address? They can be reached here: [email protected] You can link this thread, thanks.

The answer I received really is a shame:

Hello Rik,

many thanks for your request to Conrad Connect. In reply to your inquiry " Dutch Google Home/Assistant doesn't know Conrad Connect":

Please set your Google assistant to English or German to use Conrad Connect assistant.

If you have any further question please contact us again.

Hi @rik, how about you let me check on this once more next Tuesday - one colleague will then return so I can speak with him in person. Thanks for your patience!

Please do, I think here in NL we really would like to use Assistant in Dutch and Conrad should be language independant.

“Unfortunately, currently, we do not support languages other than English and German. However, we may extend our language range in future.

Sorry for the inconvenience”

Is the Google Assistant really language dependent? You would expect that it works with an api and that the GA on itself figures out which api call to trigger.

Hi @rik, I spoke to my colleague today, unfortunately, at the time being the only way using Google Assistant along with Conrad Connect is to set your language to either English or German.

I don't expect Dutch to ever be working then.

Hi @rik, well, never say never. Basically, at the time being you can use the Google Assistant to start Action Button projects. Here at my home I use this one (also in English). "Okay Google, tell Conrad Connect Youtube". Then the Action Button project Youtbube is being started, which first powers the smart plug and then after a short delay turns on the TV (through a Logitech Hub) and chooses the HDMI input chanel where I have my Chrome Stick plugged in. So it's just one trigger phrase that keeps you away from using this rather convenient function.