How to start IFTTT applets via Conrad Connect using the IFTTT-Maker
Here we demonstrate how to set up an IFTTT applet that can be triggered via Conrad Connect (detailed step-by-step instruction).
(I) Create an IFTTT account and connect it to Conrad Connect
- If not done yet, create a new IFTTT account and log in:
- Navigate to the webhook settings and copy the webhook settings code for confirmation.
- Log in to Conrad Connect, then go to the IFTTT product page where you paste the code for confirmation:
(II) Create an IFTTT applet that can be triggered via a webhook from Conrad Connect
- Now create a new webhooks applet on IFTTT and define a unique name for the triggering event:
- In our example, the applet should send a text message. This is why we have to enable SMS service in IFTTT first:
- Now finalize the applet!
(III) Create triggering via Conrad Connect in the project editor
- Now create a project in Conrad Connect with the IFTTT-Maker as an actuator. In our example, we trigger this by a simple action button (aka DO button).
8. A click on the test button indicates that the IFTTT Maker is performing its service.
Whenever the IFTTT Maker is triggered, it starts our IFTTT test applet and sends us an SMS in this way: