Whats wrong with my IFTTT Webhook?

karsten089karsten089 Member Posts: 7

Hi all,
i want to build trigger just like in the example: https://community.conradconnect.de/discussion/535/how-to-trigger-conrad-connect-projects-via-ifttt
It doesn not work though.
I can see that my IFTTT is triggered (by a logitech pop switch), once I click the button the couter counts up (used x+1 times)
But the desired action within conrad connect does not perform (pause my sonos player - the test works within CC).
I would guess the webhook doesnt work. How can I find out?
Best
Karsten

Best Answers

Answers

• Tom76Tom76 Member Posts: 21
    edited April 17

I had the same problem this morning. IFTTT applet ran, webhook was triggered and conrad connect triggered based on the defined event. But neither action one (set Sonos volume) nor action two (Play Sonos favourite) was performed in Conrad Connect. Yesterday afternoon around 16 h it worked perfectly.

• ChristianChristian Administrator, Moderator Posts: 1,404 admin

Hallo @karsten089, hallo @Tom76, I'll check and report back here.

edited April 17

Well, I've tested the teatime setup with 1100 (11 am) and it worked fine. Also checked the SONOS actuators, Play/Pause and Play Favourite seem to work. Can you please connect your IFTTT Maker Channel elements with a suitable message actuator (email, SMS, Pushover). This would help to narrow down what's really the case here, thanks. You could also post screenshots of your projects.

Attached a screenshot of the project amended by an email notification. I executed the IFTTT trigger again and now the email has arrived as well the Sonos volume setting was performed (Sonos favourite was skipped due to the definition of a time range from 6h to 8h, what is correct). But I am very sure that the Sonos actions were not performed this morning between 6h and 10.30h (tried several times).

• karsten089karsten089 Member Posts: 7

Thanks for your quick response. I think, everything is correct, please see the screenshot. You see any mistake? THought, thats not too hard... ;-)

Hi @Tom76, well, I guess we need to observe this more closely. I would do this: 1) Turn on notifications for your IFTTT applet, so you always know once it has triggered. Also, please monitor your incoming emails. This way we can gain more details.

@Christian said:
    Hi @Tom76, well, I guess we need to observe this more closely. I would do this: 1) Turn on notifications for your IFTTT applet, so you always know once it has triggered. Also, please monitor your incoming emails. This way we can gain more details.

The IFTTT works, you can see this at top left "las run less than a min ago", plus it appears at my IFTTT activity.
    Didnt get an email, besides when i click "test" within conrad connect.

@Tom76 said:
    Looks to me that the key in the url in the IFTT applett is not the key which is needed here. In IFTTT the key has to be looked up in the Webhooks Service settings. This key is to be used in the URL after key=.

Ok, makes sense, why it does not come through to conrad connect. Where / how do i find the correct key ?

Search in IFTTT for Webhooks, click on services and then on the settings button. There you will find your personal webhooks key.

@Christian said:

I just commented on Karstens case. My recipe with IFTTT/Sonos is working now.

thanks, will try.

aahhh, now my ifttt pop trigger doesnt work anymore... whyyy? :dizzy:
    will work on that and let you guys not. THANKS SO FAR !!

It works! Thanks a lot guys!

edited April 18

This morning again my recipe with itfff webhook is not working. The ifttt applet at 6:50h and again around 8h and also now at 11:10h was triggered and is triggered in Conrad Connect (ifttt.events triggered). But nothing is executed on Conrad Connect side. Neither the Sonos actions nor the email is sent. Yesterday afternoon everything worked perfectly and I have not changed anything since yet. What could be the reason?