IFTTT light off after 5 min

jayyersjayyers Member Posts: 1

I have a light switch connected to IFTTT, ive setup a webhook in IFTTT to control on/off of the switch. Is it not possible to turn on the light for 5 mins then turn it off? in conrad it looks like i need to use an IFTTT actuator but the actuators do not allow connecting things like timers that would then allow me to turn the light off after 5 mins. its this a serious limitation of the platform or am i just missing something?

Answers

• ChristianChristian Administrator, Moderator Posts: 1,415 admin
    edited May 14

Hi @jayyers, I wish I could better understand what you are up to. But here some first answers. If you want to connect from IFTTT to Conrad Connect (IFTTT applet triggers Conrad Connect project), please check this tutorial. You can easily trigger an actuator and then turn if off after five minutes using Conrad Connect's delay sensor. Basically, it looks like this:

That is, in the example above, we trigger the same smart LED twice, once to turn it on, then again to turn it off after a five minutes delay.

And in case, you meant it the other way around, check here how Conrad Connect can trigger an IFTTT applet.