Triggering a recipe using Time - Is in between hours

LGNEOLGNEO Member Posts: 46

Trying to trigger a project everyday at 20:00 that activates a LifX. I used the Time utility In Between Hours, an selected 20:00 for both start and end time. However, the trigger keeps happening randomly. Is there a better way to trigger the recipe?

Best Answer

Answers

• ChristianChristian admin Administrator, Moderator Posts: 1,672 admin

Hi @LGNEO, the Date & Time trigger on IFTTT, which is triggering my Conrad Connect projects works well for me!

Please look also here.

• LGNEOLGNEO Member Posts: 46
    Hi @Christian - thanks for the response. Can it be that every time I save the project, it triggers the event?

Hi @LGNEO, I don't fully understand, could you please clarify?

@Christian - I was playing with the project today. I couldn't believe that a simple trigger was not working correctly and I am new to CC. I started noticing that every time I saved the project, the assigned LifX LED would light and that it was not waiting for the time set at 20:00. So I started thinking that maybe when I save a project it triggers it as a test and that I should be a bit more patient before troubleshooting.

Hi @LGNEO, the between hours cannot be set to "FROM 2000 TO 2000". So this might be the reason for what you've observed.

Hi @Christian - I don't seem to understand, when the Between Hours is opened, it says that if you use the same hour for both fields (start and finish), then it will return TRUE if that hour. If the state is true then it should trigger at the hour which is 20:00.
    @Christian Are you saying that there is no way within CC to trigger a recipe at a certain hour and only that hour?

@LGNEO wrote

, when the Between Hours is opened, it says that if you use the same hour for both fields (start and finish), then it will return TRUE if that hour. If the state is true then it should trigger at the hour which is 20:00.

I'll carefully check tomorrow and also answer your other question!

@Christian Thank you kind sir....

Hallo @LGNEO, we currently don't offer a time sensor that will trigger at the exact minute or second. Between hours checks every 15 minutes, if the condition is true or false. If you choose FROM 2000 TO 2000, you define a 24 hours time period.

Hallo @Christian - Let me see if I understand this, if I input 20:00 to 20:00 then it triggers anytime it wants within 24 hours? Then why does it say that if you use the same hour for both fields (start and finish), then it will return TRUE if that hour. That message, to me, implies that it will trigger ON that hour. If I don't need an exact start/trigger, can I pt start at 20:00 and end at 20:15? Or is this actuator only good for using in a AND/NAND gate? Is there a way within CC to trigger an event at a specific time +/- 15 minutes?

Hi @LGNEO, well, I'm going to test it and will report back to you. The between hours sensor is meant for triggering actions that need to take place within a certain time frame.

Vielen dank =)
    edited May 20

I tested 1900 to 1900. As expected, it keeps returning TRUE also after 2000.

@Christian first let me offer my appreciation for your help. Your testing results are interesting, so the verbiage offered for the sensor is incorrect. Does CC offer a way to trigger an event at a time of day? Or do I have to go to an outside source for a very simple trigger? Please advise...