IFTTT MAKER Actuator - How to get it work in Conrad Connect?

cservicservi Member Posts: 26
edited July 5 in FAQs

Best Answers

Answers

• ChristianChristian admin Administrator, Moderator Posts: 1,687 admin

Hi @cservi, we need more information. Please start going through this tutorial and let us know where the first problem occurs.

• cservicservi Member Posts: 26
    1. A click on the test button indicates that the IFTTT Maker is performing its service.
      there.
  • ConradConnectConradConnect admin Administrator Posts: 78 admin

Thanks, @cservi. Can you please check if the IFTTT webhook key is still the same?

edited June 5

Yes the very same result. I tried even to revoke and to re-authenticate to ifttt but the result is "404 Cannot POST /trigger/[my event name goes here]/with/key/https://maker.ifttt.com/use/....."

Bytheway, I can actually connect to IFTTT using your standard Conrad Maker.

Hi @cservi, I just set up a brand new project being triggered via the IFTTT Maker Channel Event sensor. Will get back to you here...

So, it's working. Can I please get more screenshots from all touchpoints?

well it wasn't the sensor but I'm speaking about IFTTT maker channel, the actuator part I mean.

Hi @cservi, I've tested it, including the TEST button and it worked well, that is, the IFTTT Maker Channel (actuator part) can trigger an IFTTT applet.

Please check if your IFTTTT webhook key is still valid. Please also refresh your connection to IFTTT.

Yes I checked twice. Is not an authorization matter, it is that your POST, as you see up, come out with a bad sintax (it starts with "/trigger/..." instead of "https://...")

• hfrmobilehfrmobile Member Posts: 29
    edited June 27

@cservi said:
    I get this:

404 simply means: Not found

The "Tutorial" screenshots are wrong!

The key is the text after use/
    e.g. https://maker.ifttt.com/use/hustinettenbaer

Then hustinettenbaer is the stuff you have to provide in CC!

Even so I get 200 (success) when clicking the "Test" button I have no idea how CC project stuff works ... IFTTT means
    IF THIS THAN THAT

e.g.
    IF temparature > 33 THEN
    THAT: Send text message to xy

But the "Project Editor" drives me crazy... Can't provide an URL (e.g. for a REST API call) or nothing like that I can see in "CC Project Editor". Also the translation is garbage (e.g. "Name des termins"). First, this is not good/correct German Text, correct would be: "Name des Termins" but also the meaning is wrong here. I can just guess maybe it should be something like "Name of Event" / "Name des Ereignisses"????

Hi all, please help me to understand what your problem is. The Actuator IFTTT Maker channel triggers an IFTTT applet based on two things: 1) the already established connection between CC and IFTTT which itself requires the Webhook key as provided by IFTTT and a defined event name, "Feierabendlicht" in my example. This just worked well right this minute.

edited June 28

Ok. I'm sorry but I am closing this project. Your assistance is not consistent, I already copied here screenshot and told you that your POST message come out with a bad sintax, I don't care that your single appliance is working.
    Moreover I discovered that all the project is bugged, following there is the screenshot where I show you my appliance: the fact is that regardless of what I do, the scheme will execute very only the upper maker, even if I leave the other with no conditions (i.g. directly connected to the sensor with no temperature condition)
    Hope this project will improve because I like it very much, but for now, thank you for all the fish :)
    Thank you.

added actually it executes the first two makers, the 1 hour delay worked tho, and the temperature condition is working just for the first of the following makers, if this maker is the second maker at all in the scheme.

added2 @hfrmobile there is no place to put an url in, here, just the event name where i wrote down my own:

OMG it was working thw whole project using combo's, but now I'm getting this error while saving

Hi @cservi, thanks. I will look into this again any time soon.

I confirm the very same bugged situation with the new wizard in the saving options, when creating a simple new project with sensor->ifttt actuator