Can I use the MAKER as a sensor in Conrad Connect?

LGNEOLGNEO Member Posts: 46
edited June 20 in         English

Is there a way that I can use the Maker as a sensor? I would like to connect to a service API for use as a sensor. I was looking at a documentation for the Maker and if you can use the Get function then you should be able to use as a sensor.

Comments

• LGNEOLGNEO Member Posts: 46

@Christian - Is it possible to use the Maker as a sensor? I want to connect to the Dark Sky via API and to the Honeywell Total Comfort Connect service to access my devices via API (device not available on CC). I thought I would check before I go crazy. Thx!

• ChristianChristian Administrator, Moderator Posts: 1,568 admin

Hi @LGNEO, here my advise: 1) Connect IFTTT to Conrad Connect, which includes defining your IFTTT webhook key 2) Then use the IFTTT Maker Channel Event as a sensor in order to receive and process also requests that DO NOT stem from IFTTT but any given Maker. Use this syntax:

Hi @Christian - Finally getting around to this subject and this has me confused. The first part of your response with the "Edit Action" screen grab, what is this on/in? I have played around with iFTTT and its not there! Also, How would I extract my required information from a GET action to a API request? This whole issue is arising from the weather service that CC uses is not accurate. I have a project that triggers when it is raining, etc. However, the weather sensor triggers for rain when it is sun shine out my window and it stays as raining for at least 3 trigger events or longer. Also true when it is raining out my window but the weather sensor is putting out a cloudy status.

edited July 18

Hi @LGNEO, welcome back! The screenshots was made in Switchur, a web service which advanced users may employ in order to generate and process variables. Use the Conrad Maker in order to count or switch variables in Switchur. In return, Switchur can send HTTP request (aka webhooks) to Conrad Connect, which are then being detected by the IFTTT Maker Channel Event sensor. I wanted to give you an example how to set up a "Maker Sensor". If you have IFTTT connected to CC, you can use the above shown syntax is from whereever possible: 1) URL (including the IFTTT webhook key as part of the URL) as shown in my screenshot 2) Method POST and JSON/application 3) the body {"event"="name_of_event_as-defined_by_you"}. Within Conrad Connect, the IFTTT Maker Channel Event sensor will detect the event if you choose "name_of_event_as-defined_by_you" as the defined event name (see my second screenshot, where my event is called "kontakt01on".

Please also tell me, which weather sensor is troubling you, thanks.

Hi @Christian - The weather sensor fires the Rain status for my local weather when it is sun shining and beautiful weather. And its not just for 1 15 minute duration. As an example. yesterday was a sun shining day and at 15:00 it triggered my project because of rain and continued for over an 1.5 hours. Weather Underground and Dark Sky weather services were both correct saying sunshine/partly cloudy. The service that CC uses was not! Same holds true for haze and fog. Other times it says that it is clear when it is pouring rain. Not a very reliable service. So if it is NOT reliable, my alternative is to use iFTTT with the WU service or use 2 or 3 other IoT programs in conjunction to trigger CC. Which in my opinion relegates the CC service as not needed. Stringify did all this as one service with maybe using iFTTT to bridge to Wink. So, I am at a loss to continue using CC or just use iFTTT and keep my 3 euro dollars a month. CC has great potential, but the programmers should pay attention to its audience of users who are located around the world. They should not try to avoid improving this service because you can use another service(s) that have the ability that CC should in a self contained package. I know this can be done because Stingify did it and was recognized as best in class service. - Just saying.