Increment Variable

raphzelraphzel Member Posts: 22

Hi,
I wish incremented 2 variables if Webhook post sensor is actived to do "OR TEST" on 2 variables.

Now, I have two IFTTT actuators but the OR don't work because the event IFTTT is not congealed...

have you idea for my problem ?

Thank you

Comments

• ChristianChristian Administrator, Moderator Posts: 1,496 admin

Hi @raphzel, I don't fully get what your problem is. Could you please post a screenshot of your project (recipe)?

• raphzelraphzel Member Posts: 22

I can't add picture...

You can also publish your project and then post the URL to it.

@Christian said:

https://dashboard.conradconnect.de/projects/public/5cb234d3b914ea7142347c19

@Christian said:

IFTTT CHANNNEL 3 et 1 are APILIO VARIABLE ....
    But The "OR TEST" doesn't work ... because TWO EVENT don't happens in same time !

I would like incremente variable if IFTTT SENSOR CHANNEL 1 or 3 happen !

Have you idea?
    edited April 14

Hi @raphzel, thanks for the sreenshots. You are totally right, such trigger signals won't take place at the same time, thus, cannot be combined with the AND gate (OR should be working though). We don't offer variables at the time being, however certain workarounds are currently being discussed. I will update you here next week.

Great I wait YOU :awesome: :awesome:

• AngusMarshallAngusMarshall Member Posts: 19
    Apilio.io is cool (I see they are expanding, have secured funding to add a full time programmer etc) but having to use maker commands to go to/from a variables system is very klunky. I hope we can emulate the Stringify variables system (it had a stack of great functionality) in CC one day!

Yes ! Christian, do you think to know quickly ?

Hi @raphzel, hi @AngusMarshall, I am going to push the topic here at Conrad for future development. In the meantime I have also had a look (and spoke to the makers of) Apilio.io. In order to move forward quickly, I'd like to test a workaround with Apilio.

what would it be?

I'll show you asap!

Ok, I hope it is more than webhooks in both directions, like your IFTTT... ;)
    What I think is very cool with Apilio is they now can help enable interrupted flows - eg. an element to a flow could be created that asks for user input/confirmation. Apilio then pops up a prompt to your mobile and asks for confirmation to continue. This is something we were asking Stringify to also create but it never happened. If that functionality could also be included via Apilio.io - but ideally beyond a klunky webhooks connection which of course we could set up ourselves :) - that would be quite cool! :)

More details here...

https://intercom.help/apilio-io/configuration-help/execution-modes

@Christian said:
    I'll show you asap!

@Christian suggest also you look at Switchur. It's similar to Apilio but frankly easier to use, with a much simpler interface and logic. Might be worth investigating too. Again, a webhooks integration would be simple but maybe you can define something a bit stronger and nicer...

@AngusMarshall said:

@Christian said:
    I'll show you asap!

@Christian suggest also you look at Switchur. It's similar to Apilio but frankly easier to use, with a much simpler interface and logic. Might be worth investigating too. Again, a webhooks integration would be simple but maybe you can define something a bit stronger and nicer...

switchur is perfect !!
    I can do TEST "AND" directly in switchur!!!

Thank you !!

Hi @raphzel, thanks, how do you configure the CC maker channel exactely in order count up a variable in Switchur?

PS: You need to set n=0 before counting up, now it works for me as well.

Yes.
    You create a variable boolean on Switchur. And you créate webhook to transform variable with Conrad.
    After you can do test AND directly on switchur. and it's switchur who lanch Conrad with Sensor IFTTT

Interesting, so Switchur can directly trigger a project on Conrad Connect, @raphzel?

Yes. with WEBHOOK POST if 2 conditions happens or more...

TODAY, CONRAD didn't worked anymore, Sensor didn't reacted on webhook post... ... i have to re-save projects, desactivate and re-activate to do work ...

Do you know this bug??

@raphzel said:

switchur is perfect !!

Thank you !!

Agreed. It's quite cool.Seems easier logically to understand than Apilio and is not constrained to IFTTT. So it's cool.I hope they can also implement the interrupted logic capability I was mentioning that Apilio has. That is nice.

@AngusMarshall said:

@raphzel said:

switchur is perfect !!

Thank you !!

Agreed. It's quite cool.Seems easier logically to understand than Apilio and is not constrained to IFTTT. So it's cool.I hope they can also implement the interrupted logic capability I was mentioning that Apilio has. That is nice.

What is it ? Interrupted logic?

@raphzel said:
    What is it ? Interrupted logic?

https://www.apilio.io/execution-modes.html

I do not understand what's the point?
    A concrete example??

I have spent quite some time with Switchur during Easter holiday. As indicated by @AngusMarshall, it is possible to interact with Switchur directly, that is, no IFTTT is needed, because incoming webhooks from Switchur can be detected using the Conrad Connect IFTTT Maker Channel event. I will prepare a tutorial this week. And yes, this is a good step, but still limited. Something like "If condition xyz is met, wait 15 minutes and check if same condition is still being met, if so THAN do this" cannot be processed this way.

@raphzel said:
    I do not understand what's the point?
    A concrete example??

It's all explained on that page. An example use case for the "suggest" category would be for an alarm system. Let's say the alarm mode gets triggered. The system could send you notification and then suggest an action such as 'sound alarm'. You click on the link to continue and sound the alarm. Or another case would be to reset the alarm on command once you've checked the sensors and cameras. So basically any flow where you want to interrupt the flow and ask for user confirmation. I think it's got stacks of use cases.

@Christian said:
    I have spent quite some time with Switchur during Easter holiday. As indicated by @AngusMarshall, it is possible to interact with Switchur directly, that is, no IFTTT is needed, because incoming webhooks from Switchur can be detected using the Conrad Connect IFTTT Maker Channel event. I will prepare a tutorial this week. And yes, this is a good step, but still limited. Something like "If condition xyz is met, wait 15 minutes and check if same condition is still being met, if so THAN do this" cannot be processed this way.

IFTTT action is necessary to incremente Variable? No ???

I have problem with conrad ! HELP ME PLEASE !
    My project desactivate, I have to RE-save to reinitialize the project...

It's real problem because I have to have Computer to save project!

I don't understand...